Friday, March 8, 2013

Saks vs. Neiman Marcus in the case of Best Beauty Gift with Purchase

You may recall that Saks and Neiman Marcus were in beauty gift at the same time recently via Sample Splendor, here and here.  Just like you, Chic & Awe was wondering who gifts better?

The verdict is in...

I rule in favor of Saks in this particular case.*

Here's how I broke them down:

The Saks Bag
Spend $100, Shipping is free
Super glad to have received a sample and will definitely use it:
-Florabotanica - Balenciaga (Pretty Good)
-Eau de Cartier - Goutte De Rose (Love)
-Something Blue - Oscar de la Renta (Love)
-Fekkai Advantaged Conditioner in Galanga Root
-I scored a La Mer sample which was a gift with any La Mer purchase

Indifferent, I will probably use it but would have preferred something else:
-Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
-Kiehl's - Rosa Arctica Eye Cream

Won't use it:
-Marni (Not a fan)
-Revive - Moisturizing Renewal Cream Supreme Ultra Retexturizing Hydrator
-Dolce & Gabbana - The Foundation in Bronze 144

Also came with the Tote (It is cute for a beauty gift tote) & coupon for $50 off of a $250 sunglasses purchase (which I will def be using, sunglasses are on the top of my wish list right now) 

The Neiman Bag
Spend $125, Shipping is free
Super glad to have received a sample and will definitely use it:
-Tom Ford - Noir - Fragrance sample
-Clé de Peau - Face Blotters
-Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

Indifferent, I will probably use it but would have preferred something else:
-Mademoiselle Piguet de Robert Piguet - Fragrance sample
-Valentino - Fragrance sample
-Oribe Conditioner
-Molton Brown - Patchouli and Saffron Body Wash

Won't use it:
-Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
-Chantecaille - Magnolia, Jasmine, and Lily Healing Emulsion

 Came with a tote as well.

XOXO,
Amber

Let’s be friends - Pinterest / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram


*Disclaimer - the ratings are based on my preferences so yours may be different.  However, the samples end up being equal for the most part.  What tipped the beauty scale for me was the extra La Mer sample, the coupon, and the lesser dollar value required to receive the gift at Saks.  I also thought that the fragrance samples from Saks were amazing and I usually don't care for many of them, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I would recommend asking for any of the ones I wrote (Love) next to at your local counter, especially the Oscar de la Renta Something Blue. That would be the cutest present ever for a friend/sister who is getting married!  Lastly, I did not actually get the Neiman Marcus bag (just the Saks bag) so it is unfair to assume that the fragrances samples they provided would not be equally fantastic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips