Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Our favorite things...

We think it's only fitting that our first post feature our can't-live-without items...
BEAUTY PRODUCT:
It is nearly impossible for me to pick ONE beauty product that I can't live without - truth be told I can't live without about 20 of them.  I thought hard and the one I am always reaching for and seems to be the most versatile is Arcona's Magic White Ice.  I was introduced to Arcona at a beauty event at Nordstrom in Las Vegas.  The Arcona representatives looked so different to me than anyone else - they were all glowing and had perfect dewy skin.  So I went by their table got a mini facial and fell in love with their cold pressed cosmeceutical-grade ingredients, such as enzymes, antioxidants and amino acids, which are formulated to work synergistically to deliver powerful results.

JEWELRY:
My pearl earrings and lots of Dogeared necklaces, layered.  I wear them non-stop, in the shower, to the gym, in the pool, at the beach I love how durable they are and I don’t have to worry about ruining them.
  
COCKTAIL:
Champagne – celebrations, holidays, weekends, and weekdays would just not be the same!

WEBSITE:
I loveee Beauty.com because I am constantly buying products, plus they sell Arcona which is nice!  Also, every 2 months or so they offer a major sample bag with any $100 purchase.  I always hold my purchases until the sample bag comes up.

MUSIC ARTIST/BAND:
Secretly I am a gangster rapper.  Biggie has always and will always be my fave.  East Side and Bad Boy Records forever!  Put on “Juicy” or “I Gotta Story To Tell” and see what happens. This will be awkward to explain to the children.

LUSTING FOR IN MY HOME:
I have a large open living room that has been asking for a credenza for quite some time.  I want to use it for a home bar and am eyeing the options at a nearby vintage furniture store called The Vintage Source.

DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS:
It’s a tie - both are equally important to me in life! I cannot live without Aquaphor, I don’t really remember my life without it.  I have one of these tucked everywhere, purse, gym bag, pencil holder at work, basket on coffee table, night stand, etc.

I have super thick hair that gets tangled easily so when I cannot afford Kerastase Reflection Bain Chroma Riche Luminous Softening Shampoo (longest title for shampoo ever), I cannot live without this alternative.

LUSTING FOR IN MY CLOSET:
I have heard nothing but rave reviews about Alice and Trixie dresses, I love their use of super bold colors.  I NEED this one; it will be perfect for wedding and baby shower season.  Can’t beat the price either, Jane and Georgie has an ahhhmazing online shop.  I was committed after I scored these Elaine Turner flats for $49 - their customer service is awesome!

WEEKEND ESCAPE:
Living close to the Washington D.C. metropolitan area to the North West, and Annapolis – America’s Sailing Capital to the North East, they both make for awesome day, overnight, or weekend escapes.  We recently escaped to Annapolis for a Valentine’s Day dinner with friends.

SIGNATURE SCENT:
Still rocking Chanel Mademoiselle after all these years.

EVERYDAY HANDBAG:
My sister-in-law turned me onto the amazing brand MZ Wallace.  These are the most durable, functional, and stylish bags I have come across yet. Hillary is in and so is Kristin! (Hey girlllll, how’s baby Camden?)

RECIPE:
I love the Mexican, but my hips don’t care for it – so when the craving calls (once a week) these Skinny Enchiladas are my go-to recipe!

FLOWER:
Hydrangea

FASHION PICK:
Without question, I cannot live without my tailor-ess!
BEAUTY PRODUCT:
My mom introduced me to Dermablend when I was in 8th grade and I’ve never looked back – it’s such an amazing concealer.

JEWELRY:
My Jennifer Zeuner monogram necklace is a staple to say the least.  When it comes to jewelry, if it’s gold and monogrammed, you bet I’m wearing it!

COCKTAIL:
I love a good French 75 cocktail!  It’s a delicious concoction of gin, champagne, lemon juice, and simple syrup – I mean honestly, does it get any better?!

WEBSITE:
I’m very lucky that I get to work from home, but it can be so quiet.  It’s nice to turn on Pandora and have some noise around the house besides snoring pugs.  The Paul Simon channel is my go-to, chill station for the workday. Grooveshark is great for those times when you just need to hear a certain song!

SIGNATURE SCENT:
I let my husband pick a fragrance for me when we began dating and he came back with Ralph Lauren Romance - almost ten years later, I'm still wearing it.

EVERYDAY HANDBAG:
This is such a versatile bag - I can fit so many things inside, and of course, I love that it's monogrammed!

LUSTING FOR IN MY HOME:
Gutting the main bathroom in our 195o’s ranch is definitely on my to-do list within the next year.  Anything in a herringbone pattern I get pretty obsessed with, so I would absolutely love to do our entire tub surround with this tile!

MUSIC ARTIST/BAND:
If past lives are real, then I'm pretty sure I was a man at his prime in the 1960’s/70’s in my former life.  So random I know, but I totally love classic rock and Led Zeppelin is just the ultimate.

FLOWER:
Ranunculus

LUSTING FOR IN MY CLOSET:
A Temperley London honeycomb cardigan – it’s sooo not happening, but a girl can dream, right?

RECIPE:
I have made these salted fudge brownies so many times since Food & Wine first published it in 2008, I actually have the recipe memorized.  They always turn out perfectly and get devoured at every event I bring them to.  Seriously, make them, you'll thank me later.

DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS:
Burt’s Bees Pomegranate Chapstick & Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads are daily staples in my life and nice and easy on the budget -- a win-win!

WEEKEND ESCAPE:
Newport, RI is only a little over an hour away, so my husband Andrew & I try and go at least once a year.  It's the perfect combination of small town charm with breathtakingly gorgeous mansions, right on the Atlantic. I recommend visiting The Breakers if you go (it was the Vanderbilt's "Summer Cottage" -- yep, you read that right!)

FASHION PICK:
My Tory Burch Gold Sophie Wedges are the perfect shoe I can dress up or down.  I would love to get a pair of Revas next.


So now it's your turn, tell us your favorites in life!  We'd love to hear!



XOXO,
Lauren & Amber

Let’s be friends - Pinterest / Twitter / Facebook / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips